Welcome Sharon Cho!

New members stop in and say hello.

Moderators: FranW, ElaineB

Re: Welcome Sharon Cho!

Postby SharonCho » 03 Mar 2012, 05:22

FranW wrote:OMG, Sharon slept with Sacchi? Wow, this place is swinging! rofl rofl

Now I know I'm in the right place - a place where writers make something out of nothing! rofl Just don't let my wife catch you saying these things Heh

Hi NurseJo. Selkie, fingers crossed for you that you get another year. I visited Tokyo back in the 80s and would love to go back to visit.

Sacchi wrote:Fran, I've heard from time to time that folks have slept with my books. Hopefully not because they're boring.
It's probably because they were trying to read the book by osmosis.
"If it be now, 'tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all." Hamlet, Wm Shakespeare
SharonCho
A little more activity
A little more activity

Postby SharonCho » 05 Nov 2014, 09:39

Hi All!

It's been two and a half years since I've frequented this site, so I thought I'd update this welcome note.

Since May 2012, I've sold a condo, bought a house, opened Critlings Studios (as a way for my wife and I to be creative), gotten despondent over the Raiders' losing streak, adopted two more dogs in addition to my husky, worked full-time and wrote two more drafts of my novel. Whew! Yup, been kind of busy, hence my absence.

But I'm proud to announce that book 1 of the Woven Myths series: A Slice of Quietude will be coming out late November, early Dec.

The website is still being finished, but here are five free chapters if you ladies would like an advance peek. (I hope this is allowed! Please let me know if it isn't and I'll remove the links)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5

It's a mythological/adventure love story with elements of Gods, martial arts and humor.

Hope you enjoy it!

Sharon
"If it be now, 'tis not to come; if it be not to come, it will be now; if it be not now, yet it will come: the readiness is all." Hamlet, Wm Shakespeare
SharonCho
A little more activity
A little more activity

Postby SharonCho » 19 May 2015, 11:11

I never know how to start these but here goes: "A Slice of Quietude" (Woven Myths #1) is out on Kindle. The print version will be out within the next month. Here's the Kindle link: http://www.amazon.com/Slice-Quietude-Wo ... B00WJGSON8. There's two reviews on the US site and one on the UK site. The two on the US are 5-stars and the one on the UK site is a 4-star. There's also an additional 4-star rating on GoodReads. Out of these ratings and reviews, three came from strangers whom I requested reviews.

Here's the blurb:

The Quietude, a psychic realm accessible by only a select few, is Kat’s secret for improving her deadly focus. It’s how she became a high level Midnight Slicer, an elite assassin. But when she meets Tristien Waef inside the Quietude, Kat knows she’s outmatched. Tristien, scarred from head to toe both physically and emotionally, displays unheard-of abilities inside the Quietude! In a rare move, Kat throws caution to the wind, and joins Tristien and her two friends: the battle-hardened Cela and the almost-famous bard Kinjara, in their travels. But will the Midnight Slicers allow Kat to shift allegiances? And can a budding relationship with Kat get Tristien to move beyond her traumatic past?

"Hey! This book ain't about just that! That part's only got you two." interrupts Cela. "It's about fightin’, drinkin' and carousin'. You know, slicin'!” With one arm, the tall warrior slashes her two-handed sword through the air.

Tristien sniffs, "Fighting and drinking isn't going to sell the book. The more unique aspects will."

"Presentation factors as well," says Kinjara, bowing. “The honor should thus drape across the bard’s shoulders." Clearing her throat, she stands up, “Love and redemption, thrills with chills, devious deities along with myths of yore and lore, build foundations upon which 'A Slice of Quietude' rises..."

Kat never looks up from sharpening her daggers.

Let me know if you'd like to review the book. I will send you a free copy.

Have fun reading!
SharonCho
A little more activity
A little more activity

Previous

Return to Welcome