Let's welcome Liliane

New members stop in and say hello.

Moderators: FranW, ElaineB

Re: Let's welcome Liliane

Postby Nurse Jo » 19 May 2012, 19:56

Flounce is used in speech moderately often here.

It's a splendid word.
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Sacchi » 20 May 2012, 02:45

Folks, I've had a note from Liliane. She has my e-mail address because she was the winner of L-J's book in our book give-away a while back.

She wanted me to share her apologies, and said:

"As I read the comments on the 'Let's welcome Liliane' topic, I realized Baker might not have shared my apologies to you all for not responding to the welcome messages (I did ask her to do it, but it might have been drowned out by all the crap I sent her).
Would you please share with the others my sincere apologies ... To my great regret, I won't be able to fit in your group (and probably in any group, for that matter)... That and I really don't like needles, and you all don't have any protective tin foil hat (much needed around the likes of me) smiley."

I've told her that she's welcome to lurk among us as much as she feels like, and to contact me if she has any concerns. These things can happen, and in any case we appreciate the fact that she had an impulse to join us in the first place.

We can move on now.

(I edited out a few bits that I think she wanted me to include, but decided on second thought to wait and check with her. Nothing about us.)
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 20 May 2012, 05:56

It was the needle. I knew it! :-)
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby FranW » 20 May 2012, 08:31

Sacchi wrote:I'm curious about the #4 forum, too. I'm so out of things! I like Proof's idea of invading. Maybe under alternate names.

I think it fizzled out and died because, after they got done copying all Deej's quizzes and discussing how superior they were to everyone else, they ran out of things to day.
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby FranW » 20 May 2012, 08:34

Sacchi wrote:Folks, I've had a note from Liliane. She has my e-mail address because she was the winner of L-J's book in our book give-away a while back.

She wanted me to share her apologies, and said:

"As I read the comments on the 'Let's welcome Liliane' topic, I realized Baker might not have shared my apologies to you all for not responding to the welcome messages (I did ask her to do it, but it might have been drowned out by all the crap I sent her).
Would you please share with the others my sincere apologies ... To my great regret, I won't be able to fit in your group (and probably in any group, for that matter)... That and I really don't like needles, and you all don't have any protective tin foil hat (much needed around the likes of me) smiley."

I've told her that she's welcome to lurk among us as much as she feels like, and to contact me if she has any concerns. These things can happen, and in any case we appreciate the fact that she had an impulse to join us in the first place.

We can move on now.

(I edited out a few bits that I think she wanted me to include, but decided on second thought to wait and check with her. Nothing about us.)

Thanks for that, Sacch.

I'll ask a mod (yes, I know I am one, but I can never remember how to do stuff!) to lock this thread, and we'll move on and get back to our regularly scheduled weirdness.
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Previous

Return to Welcome