We have a Biohazard in our midst.

New members stop in and say hello.

Moderators: FranW, ElaineB

We have a Biohazard in our midst.

Postby Baker » 06 Nov 2012, 06:17

Please welcome Biohazard to our wee board. With a username like that, how could she not fit in?

:welcome:
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Re: We have a Biohazard in our midst.

Postby Nurse Jo » 06 Nov 2012, 06:56

Indeed lol .
:welcome2:
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Biohazard » 06 Nov 2012, 07:07

Awww, I already feel so welcome!!
Guess I should tell you all a bit about myself, eh?
I am about a week shy of being 26, stuck in the middle of PA, and I work with exotic animals for a living. The name "Biohazard" reflects my biology degree. :)
I only managed to figure myself out in the past few years, and reading lesbian fiction has really become a huge outlet for me. I read constantly! Living in a very conservative area, and having moved around a bit recently, I don't have any kind of community and it will be hard for me to find one. So I figured this forum would be a great way for me to find some people to talk to.
I love all kinds of lesbian fiction, but I am partial to fantasy, science fiction, Xena fanfiction and uber, and historical fiction. I could list so many favorites!
I have been in Atlanta recently, and found a feminist bookstore. I will be eating ramen noodle for a few months, but I bought a HUGE number of books there... 54 total. Luckily they had a huge section of new and used lesbian fiction. I have already eaten through a lot of them, and many are books or stories I had already read online but wanted hard copies of. With this new glut of books, I am half tempted to start a little blog, and do a review a week. But we will see how motivated I get!
I suppose if anyone has any questions, feel free to shot. I look forward to chatting with you all!
Biohazard
A little more activity
A little more activity

Postby wildlx » 06 Nov 2012, 07:49

Hi there, Biohazard!
lol Very true, Baker. She will fit in ;-).
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby FranW » 06 Nov 2012, 07:55

Kia ora, Biohazard!

You bought 54 books at once! Wow! Definitely do a review blog: one book a week will keep you busy for a year! Review blogs are, IMO, a terrific service to other readers.....and if the blog gets some traffic, authors start sending books to the reviewer, so it's also a great way to get free books!

We generally wait to get to know a member before they get their own smiley, but in your case, it's just too easy.... Image

rofl
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Sacchi » 06 Nov 2012, 08:12

Welcome, Biohazard. (Hmm, never thought I'd have occasion to say that.)
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Athena » 06 Nov 2012, 08:25

Hello and welcome. :cheer:
Athena
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby PaulaO » 06 Nov 2012, 08:38

Welcome! At least you know how to properly clean up glitter! We throw it around every once in a while. We then get naked, roll around in it, stand in the sun room, and pretend we're teenage vampires. Makes a mess and clogs the drain.
Take a deep breath and count to zen.
PaulaO
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Biohazard » 06 Nov 2012, 09:54

FranW wrote:You bought 54 books at once! Wow! Definitely do a review blog: one book a week will keep you busy for a year!

Haha, I went a little overboard, right? It was a little independent feminist bookstore, and they were having a big sale, so I couldn't say no. I knew I would not get another chance like that. The town I live in back in PA doesn't offer much.

That was kinda my idea with a book blog... since I have so many right now. I will admit, I am somewhat easy to please. Most books fall in my "good" range. Not as many fall into my "great" category, and there are very few books I consider really "bad". I also have a ton of fanfiction and original online fiction saved on my laptop. I also know a couple of great webcomics!
Biohazard
A little more activity
A little more activity

Postby Lilien » 06 Nov 2012, 10:16

PaulaO wrote:We then get naked, roll around in it, stand in the sun room, and pretend we're teenage vampires.

Don't worry Bio, she just forgot to take her pills. But while under pill control she is a wonderful, pleasant and somewhat decent person. And we love her very, very much. :pals:

:cheer: Welcome to our little part of the world! :cheer:
"When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass."
Lilien
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Next

Return to Welcome