Food

Place to hang-out and chat, and for discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Baker, FranW, ElaineB, PaulaO

Re: Food

Postby Nurse Jo » 01 May 2014, 07:44

A digestive? No Baker, that is not Wildlx lol Digestives are reliable and steady I agree but they are boring and unoriginal. I mean, when offered a biscuit as a kid, you always hoped it wasn't a digestive, or worse, a Rich Tea!! Gingerbread, yes, although ginger cake is slightly softer whilst retaining bite so I'd go for ginger cake.
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Proofrdr » 01 May 2014, 07:51

Gingerbread here IS a cake rather than a bread. I'd rather have thought of WIldlx as spice cake.

Confession: I was about to describe the taste, but it all seemed a bit raunchy. I blushed terribly and thought better of it. rofl
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Nurse Jo » 01 May 2014, 08:37

rofl Yes, it all sounds slightly odd so I shall attempt to move back to safer waters!

So, okay. Gingerbread to me is this. sometimes in the shape of a man , sometimes as a biscuit (or what you call a cookie).

Ginger cake is this or my personal fave Jamaican ginger cake..

We're int he states right now and when it comes to common food items, it always fascinates me how we use the same terms for different items.
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Proofrdr » 01 May 2014, 09:27

You're in the states? As in the United States? Why does that make me happy even if we're not seeing you? :dunno:

We call the cake gingerbread and the cookies gingerbread cookies. I dunno why.
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Nurse Jo » 01 May 2014, 10:23

lol Not sure why it makes you happy but glad to be of service. We're in Tx with Tanner and Kathy. Spent the weekend in Austin - went to the LBJ library/museum, I highly recommend it. Now back in DFW. Went to the baseball game last night. Although the game was not that good the experience always feels so American. We loved it. We fly back home on Friday evening. Goodbye to warmth and sunshine...
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby FranW » 01 May 2014, 14:17

Oh, how lovely, Jo! Plz say hi to Tanner and Kathy. We miss them and their sense of humour round here.

Myself, I would've thought Wildlx would be more a tirimisu than gingerbread dessert. She's complex, smooth -- and much nicer after you've left her in the refrigerator for a few days ;) (Oh, no, wait, that's ME I'm thinking of, not Wild.)
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 02 May 2014, 07:22

Proofrdr wrote:Confession: I was about to describe the taste, but it all seemed a bit raunchy. I blushed terribly and thought better of it. rofl

lol I notice the mysterious biscuit herself has not chimed in. ;) You will notice that we were piloted into strange waters by...Sacchi. Why does that not surprise me?
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby wildlx » 02 May 2014, 09:53

lol. I'm finding the whole conversation very enlightening. Please go on :).
Yes, Sacchi does seem to have a different take on stuff ;-).
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Nurse Jo » 02 May 2014, 10:44

FranW wrote:
Myself, I would've thought Wildlx would be more a tirimisu than gingerbread dessert. She's complex, smooth -- and much nicer after you've left her in the refrigerator for a few days ;) (Oh, no, wait, that's ME I'm thinking of, not Wild.)

If Wildlx was left in the refrigerator for a few days you should keep away from her. She would not be smooth that is for sure :rant: is how she would be! Much like myself. Unless the refrigerator was a ski-ing one with blue skies and sunshine.
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Sacchi » 03 May 2014, 16:17

FranW wrote:
wildlx wrote:I'm not a cookie person but those look nice :-).

Come visit, and I'll turn you into one :D

What's so strange? If Fran was offering to turn Wildlx into a cookie, the least she could do would be to give her an at least vaguely humanoid shape, which to me suggests a gingerbread person.

"Run, run, as fast as you can, You can't catch me, I'm the Gingerbread [Wo]man!"

Granted, that children's story is rather disturbing, even macabre.
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat