Sport

Place to hang-out and chat, and for discussions that don't fit anywhere else.

Moderators: Baker, FranW, ElaineB, PaulaO

Re: Sport

Postby FranW » 02 Nov 2015, 06:30

Yep, we're a happy country :D
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 02 Nov 2015, 06:40

Yep, very happy. Good match, too. The Wallabies were good, but not nearly good enough. This AB team has only lost 3 games in the 58 they've played in the four years since claiming their previous world cup win. I think we can put to bed the "chokers" taunt, and the "can only win at home" one as well.

Watching this world cup tournament has made me realise how different our rugby experience is compared to the Northern Hemisphere. We take it for granted that a team plays Total Rugby: that players 1 - 15 have skill and pace, and that the team can change from one game pattern to the next between games or even during a game. Northern Hemisphere teams, by contrast, struck me as a shade one dimensional.

What was the opera like, Wild?
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Re: SportI

Postby wildlx » 04 Nov 2015, 10:08

I saw the game Sunday, and yes, it was a good game.
Opera was good. I'll post about it.
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 06 Nov 2015, 02:52

So the AB had a special haka at the airport: New Zealand All Blacks receive haka welcome at airport – video
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Previous

Return to General Chat