Our Authors Their Sales

List of the authors participating on this forum and their books.

Moderators: FranW, ElaineB

Our Authors Their Sales

Postby deej » 20 Mar 2010, 04:32

Our forumites are a talented lot. So talented that we've had to open this whole new part of the forum just to keep track of things. So, from now on, this is the place to look for details of recent sales made by our members.

ElaineB will to be your host in this success cataloging adventure. If any regularly participating forumite sells some of their work, she wants to know about it. All the announcements are going to be standardized through her so please either email or PM her with the following information:

The forumite's handle and author name.
The title and approximate word count of the piece sold.
The publication and editor where the piece will be appearing.
The cost, location and publication date.
Details of payment are encouraged but optional.
An excerpt of the piece (up to 300 words).

This service is available for all forumites who regularly participate in the forum, regardless of whether they have their own author section. Please don't be shy about spreading the good news as that is what this part of the forum is all about.
Raise your hand if someone you know is alive today because you can't afford a hit man.
deej
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Re: Our Authors Their Sales

Postby ElaineB » 28 Mar 2010, 01:42

I won't repost everything from the old site, but will bring over 2010 pubs.
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 28 Mar 2010, 01:43

Forumite: Renée writing as Renée Strider
Piece title: Girls and Their Cars
Description: Short story
Publication: Best Lesbian Romance 2010, Radclyffe, ed. (reprinted from Girl Crazy, Cleis Press)
Publisher: Cleis Press
Availability: January, 2010
Excerpt:

Carole and Abby were both sitting on barstools eating and talking, occasionally glancing up at the mirror behind the bar to check out the room, when Abby said, “So what about that race, eh? C’mon, how about it? I’m serious. What a gas.”

Carole shoveled a forkful of meat pie in her mouth, ignoring her.

“You know you’d really like that SUV to eat your dust, not to mention its driver.” Abby continued harassing her.

“Are you nuts? We’d get caught and they’d take away my car. Forget it.” Nevertheless, she felt a tiny thrill that she quickly suppressed.

Abby chewed thoughtfully. “No, you wouldn’t—we wouldn’t.”

Carole regarded her best friend in the mirror. Uh oh. Abby had the look that meant all the wheels were turning, and “no” would be a remote option when she finally marshaled her arguments.

Just at that moment, they saw Janis passing behind them. Abby whirled around and grabbed her arm, almost spilling the glass of beer in Janis’s hand.

“Janis! C’mere. We’re still talking about that race.”

“No, we’re not. I’ve been telling her no way,” Carole growled. She hoped she sounded normal. Part of her mind was trying desperately not to think of her masturbatory fantasy of the other night.

“No way is right. We’d get caught and they’d take away my car,” Janis said.

“What I said.” Carole nodded solemnly.
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 28 Mar 2010, 01:46

Forum name: bhdaviesuk
Author name: Barbara Davies
Title: Spirit of the Glade
Approx. word Count: 4400
Publication: Sorcerous Signals, Nov '09 - Jan '10
Editor: Carol Hightshoe
Location: Sorcerous Signals is a free to read ezine. My story is in the current (Nov-Jan) issue here:
Http://www.sorceroussignals.com/SpiritoftheGlade.html

Excerpt:

It took her a moment to realise that they were women. It was the sun-browned faces, the shirts open at the neck, and the shapeless brown trousers that had misled her. The last time she had seen women in these woods, they were pale skinned and wearing elegant long dresses, hats, and gloves. The mere idea of such women undertaking strenuous physical labour would have been preposterous.
"Timber!" came the cry, and with it, a subvocal groan that was the soul of another tree departing this world.
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 28 Mar 2010, 01:47

Forumite: ElaineB writing as Elaine Burnes
Piece title: “A Perfect Life”
Description: Short story for Skulls and Crossbones, pirate anthology
Publisher: Mindancer Press, editors Andi Marquette and R. G. Emanuelle
Availability: January 2010
Excerpt:
Lasers and torpedoes shot from the Sea Devil. Just as Emily refined her aim and got a hit, Ul started firing back, and Tate slammed them into an evasive pattern, threading his laser fire. Emily adjusted and got a few hits, but the armored ship showed no sign of damage. Tate peeled off to starboard, rolled the Sea Devil, and passed under Ul. Emily switched to the rear guns and kept firing as they circled around the big ship and sped away.

“It’ll take him a few minutes to turn around,” Tate said, breathless. She straightened their course and burned the engines into the red zone. Alarms shrieked. Tate turned to Emily and smiled. “We could really use an engineer right now.”

Emily still gripped the gun controls, though she’d stopped firing once they were out of range. She checked the sensors. “He’s coming.”

Tate looked out the front window. A small cloud grew as they approached. “Think that’s a nebula?” she asked. “Maybe we can hide there.”

Emily let go of the weapons and examined the sensor readouts. “Wait, T, that’s not a—”

“Crap!” Tate reversed the engines and they both crashed into their harnesses then lurched back in their seats, staring out the window.

Forumite: ElaineB writing as Elaine Burnes
Piece title: “The Gift”
Description: 4,400 word short story
Publisher: Khimairal Ink magazine
Availability: April 2010, free online
Excerpt:
I sighed. What could be better? Freshly fallen snow, a beautiful woman, new love. My breath caught. Holy…

"Shit."

"Hmmm?" She stirred. "What's wrong?" she mumbled, sleepily. It came out more like "Whiz'ong?"

"Nothing, hon." I combed my fingers through her hair until her breathing settled back into its sleepy rhythm.

My heart pounded. I stared at the ceiling and held my breath, willing myself not to hyperventilate. My stomach churned, a different sensation from last night, when I was full from Abby's amazing dinner—her roast turkey, special cranberry sauce, apple pie, and stuffing—oh, the stuffing. A Thanksgiving feast fit for Pharaohs.

What followed Thanksgiving and snow and falling in love? I closed my eyes and breathed out slowly.

Christmas. Christmas meant presents. Presents meant buying something for Abby. The first big gift-giving event of our relationship. Make or break time, yet I hardly knew her. Sure, we'd been together three months, and I had moved in last month, but that wasn't enough time before the First Big Gift. Not nearly enough.
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 28 Mar 2010, 01:47

Forumite: skhagin writing as Sophia Kell Hagin
Piece title: Whatever Gods May Be
Description: Novel (about 93,000 words)
Publisher: Bold Strokes Books
Availability: October 18, 2010, print and ebook
Excerpt:

“Fear up harsh.”

The whisper, a woman’s, came from Jamie’s left. She turned too fast toward it, and for a half-second her eyes refused to focus. Then she saw Martina Rhys.

“How you doin’?” Jamie whispered back, squinching her eyes to make sure that what they saw—Rhys’s exquisite bare breasts—were real.

“Got waterboarded today,” reported Rhys wearily. “Moss took the worst of it. Lite fer Arnoldt an’ me. What the hell happened t’ you? You look like chopped liver.”

“Yeah. Well. ’S what I get for playin’ with boys.”
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 28 Mar 2010, 01:48

Name: BobiR writing as R.G. Emanuelle
Story Title/word count: "A Day at the Parade", 817 words
Publication: Oysters & Chocolate, online publication
Free to view; went live February 15, 2010
Excerpt:

There were three reasons I never went to the gay pride parade: the crowds, the heat, and the hours of standing on my feet. I hated it. But this year, my friend Lily was marching and I’d promised I’d cheer her on. So, I sucked it up and went.

The turnout was huge and viewers stood several rows deep from the police barriers. I was about three people back from the street. The afternoon sun baked the top of my head and I kept wiping sweat off my forehead. Behind us, a building cast a shadow on the sidewalk and I moved back to get some relief in its shade. Lily would have to understand if I wasn’t right up front.

A police barrier had been moved to the rear of the sidewalk, close to the building, and I bent over and leaned my elbows on it. The shade felt good and the cooling sweat soothed my burning skin. It had been a very hot couple of weeks, and since all my shorts were in the wash, I’d thrown on a light, flowing skirt, which allowed a blessed breeze up my legs.
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 28 Mar 2010, 01:48

Forumite: deej writing as DeJay
Piece title: Never Too Old
Description: 5000 word erotica story
Publication: Lesbian Lust: Red Hot Erotica
Publisher: Cleis Press ed. Sacchi Green
Availability: To be Published August 2010
Excerpt: Outside the store, I took another deep breath and sent up a prayer that no one I knew would be inside. I pushed through the entrance and gasped. Dildos lined the walls, dildos in all shapes, sizes and colors. On the top shelf, a sign announced “Vibrators Optional”. Another sign declared “Just right for the G-spot.” Some were remote control, some even glowed in the dark. I didn’t know where to look, and everywhere I turned my head, I was barraged with other sex toys—instruments of lust in all shapes, sizes and, lord help me, for all purposes.

“May I help you?”

I turned to find a child/woman standing before me. “What are you, ten?”
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 28 Mar 2010, 01:49

Forumite: FranW (formerly HH) writing as Fran Walker
Title: A Midwinter Night's Dream
Description: erotica, short story
Publisher: Cleis Press (ed. Sacchi Green)
Availability: August 2010 in fine bookstores everywhere
Excerpt:
Without power, the steering wheel suddenly weighs a ton. You glance around. Dark empty fields. Dark tree-shaped clumps of shadow. And a light—

You grip the heavy steering wheel harder. It’s a round, yellow backlit sign that says HELL in red letters.

“I knew it,” you mutter. Then, as you near the sign, you can see it more clearly and your heart thumps. The S on the sign has been smashed out. SHELL, it should read.
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 28 Mar 2010, 01:49

Forumite: Proofrdr writing as Ren Peters
Title: Lovers' Moon
Description: erotica, short story
Publisher: Cleis Press (ed. Sacchi Green)
Availability: August 2010
Excerpt:
Mickey looked up from her book and watched as the sun dipped closer and closer to the horizon. The beach was almost empty of people, and she was feeling a little lonely…but there she sat…waiting. She’d expected it though.

Every time anyone showed the slightest interest at all in that car, Reggie had to take them out for a spin. She was like a kid with a new toy. What was she thinking? Reggie was a kid with a new toy. And what a toy! Mickey had to admit there was something very sexy about it. Maybe it was the speed and the vibration of the engine you could actually feel through the seat. Thinking of that vibration…and of Reggie, Mickey shifted uncomfortably in her beach chair. Where is that girl?
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Next

Return to Our Authors, Their Books