Earworms

Hangout for those interested in geeky matters: science, music, movies, techie stuff and anything related.

Moderator: Baker

Re: Earworms

Postby Sacchi » 29 Jun 2013, 14:42

I still love to watch high-level figure skating. I admit that I haven't cared much for the ice dancing since Torville and Dean, although there have been a few good performances, but I do like the singles, and the pairs nearly as much. I remember the Protopopovs, too, and I loved Katerina Witt, but Michelle Kwan was my favorite. Those long, elegant spirals!

I wrote a short story about ice skating once, and it's still one of my favorite pieces. A bit extreme in the erotica content, but I felt strongly about lesbians skating in pairs with all the erotic subtext (hah, pretty overt, actually) that mixed pairs take for granted.
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Proofrdr » 30 Jun 2013, 01:14

Okay...enough of a tease. What book was it in? I want to read it! lol
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 30 Jun 2013, 09:32

Yeah, fess up the title and where we can find it, Sacch.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby Sacchi » 30 Jun 2013, 11:23

Let's see, which printing to choose? I'll bet some of you have seen it already. "The Outside Edge" was first published in my anthology Girl Crazy: Coming Out Erotica (because the POV character was a figure skater who "came out" as butch on the ice in front of the TV cameras during the post-awards exhibition skate), and then was reprinted in Best Lesbian Romance 2010, and then I used it (with some degree of guilt for overuse) in my Lethe Press collection A Ride to Remember. Pretty edgy and graphic; Radclyffe wasn't sure she could get it past the publisher for BLR, but there was no problem.

At this point it's been around the rink so long that I'd be happy to e-mail a copy to anyone here who wants it.
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 01 Jul 2013, 01:27

Baker wrote:Oh! Katerina Witt's Carmen. I remember that.

Do I detect also a former ice skating fan ;-)? Or is it just a Katarina Witt fan?
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 01 Jul 2013, 01:30

Sacchi wrote:At this point it's been around the rink so long that I'd be happy to e-mail a copy to anyone here who wants it.

Yes, please :).
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Nurse Jo » 01 Jul 2013, 02:27

That would be great, thank you Sacchi. :)
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Sacchi » 01 Jul 2013, 04:13

Can we send attachments via private message? I could paste the whole story into the message, but the formatting might get messy. Or you could e-mail me your e-mail addresses at sacchigreen@gmail.com. Hmm, you're both on Facebook, so I could send an attachment in a message there. Your choice. (Sue, I know I have your e-mail address somewhere, but I'm not sure I could find it.)
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Nurse Jo » 01 Jul 2013, 06:01

Sacchi, just realised I have the story after all, I just hadn't seen the book for a while. So thank you but no worries.
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 01 Jul 2013, 12:14

I've read it! :me: Excellent! :-)
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Previous

Return to The Geek Lounge