Earworms

Hangout for those interested in geeky matters: science, music, movies, techie stuff and anything related.

Moderator: Baker

Re: Earworms

Postby wildlx » 27 Jun 2013, 10:51

:scared:. OMG, Torvill and Dean!
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Proofrdr » 27 Jun 2013, 11:43

Words best left unspoken, Wildlx. :yikes:
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Nurse Jo » 27 Jun 2013, 19:38

Hey, they were our heroes! Sue had a VHS recording of T and D highlights which sadly we got rid of when we changed to DVDs etc.
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 28 Jun 2013, 07:42

You know, I bet she could get a copy on DVD for a pound on the internet now. ;) And it would be so easy to make a copy to send to your chum in Portugal.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby wildlx » 28 Jun 2013, 09:59

Baker wrote:You know, I bet she could get a copy on DVD for a pound on the internet now. ;) And it would be so easy to make a copy to send to your chum in Portugal.

lol NO thanks! I've had my share of ice dancing! They were quite good, actually. I must confess that I used to like to watch ice skating, but I haven't done so in quite a number of years.
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 29 Jun 2013, 02:57

I loved Torvill and Dean and still have a VHS of them. :-) It is not going anywhere! I don't watch as much ice skating anymore either. For a while there were nothing but T&D clones that just weren't as good (no one has been in my opinion). It got kind of crazy with all this dying on the ice.
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Proofrdr » 29 Jun 2013, 05:01

I know I'm dating myself, but the talk of T&D reminded me of Oleg and Ludmilla Protopopovs from the 60s. They were my favorite ice skating pair.

I just checked to see if there were any videos of them on YouTube. I found this unusual color clip of their short program from the 64 Olympics:

There are no triple toe loops, lutzes, or axles, no throws, nothing as vigorous as that. It's pure grace and precise execution. They really do move as one.

Pair skating has changed a bit in the last 50 years!
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 29 Jun 2013, 08:57

Since we are down memory lane, here are two of my favourite skaters from when I used to see a lot of ice skating:

wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 29 Jun 2013, 09:25

Oh! Katerina Witt's Carmen. I remember that.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby Nurse Jo » 29 Jun 2013, 09:36

Thank you Wildlx. That is exactly why I watch ice skating,it is beautiful and athletic.
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

PreviousNext

Return to The Geek Lounge