Computer Stuff

Hangout for those interested in geeky matters: science, music, movies, techie stuff and anything related.

Moderator: Baker

Re: Computer Stuff

Postby Proofrdr » 08 Feb 2014, 12:45

Ah, the tabs. I'm fanatic about closing them if I'm not using them. Also, I tend to have 2 or 3 windows open to organize the tabs.
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 09 Feb 2014, 08:35

Wild: I've noticed lately that Adobe hasn't been playing nicely with Firefox, but then I don't use/watch that many videos so it doesn't bother me all that much.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby wildlx » 10 Feb 2014, 05:21

It's not just the videos, Baker. Also pdf files, which I use a lot because of papers. I've had to install Adobe Reader XI on top of the Adobe Acrobat. Which reminds me. PubMed is now providing papers in epub format :).
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 10 Feb 2014, 06:26

I didn't realise about the pdf, probably because I use SumatraPDF for reading pdf on my browser (it's an open source reader tht's a lot smaller and slimmer than Adobe--and apparently plays nicely with Firefox where Adobe doesn't).

Good to see about PubMed. :-)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby wildlx » 10 Feb 2014, 07:48

Maybe I will change to that one if Adobe keeps bugging me.
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Previous

Return to The Geek Lounge