Monitor problem

Hangout for those interested in geeky matters: science, music, movies, techie stuff and anything related.

Moderator: Baker

Re: Monitor problem

Postby Proofrdr » 18 Sep 2013, 10:19

Sacchi scores again! rofl
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Proofrdr » 19 Sep 2013, 00:30

So I bought the Samsung LED SC300, 21.5 inch monitor. I like it. Amazing how much brighter it is than my old one. I guess that was gradually fading and I just didn't notice it. The failed pixels were a tad more obvious. ;)

Good thing I know how to install hardware. The "documentation" in 5 pt types was useless, but no problem because there was also a CD with the User Manual and drivers. Except the CD would not open. I couldn't even access the individual files. I tried it in Athena's computer and my laptop without success. Off to the Samsung site where I found the driver, but none of the other files that are supposed to be on the CD. Nice product, lousy support.
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 19 Sep 2013, 07:24

The quality of the LED monitors/TVs from Samsung is fantastic. When I bought my Samsung Led TV the quality of the image was distinctly better than the competition.

What other files besides the driver were supposed to be on the CD, Proof?
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 19 Sep 2013, 07:38

That sucks about the CD. Having a "quick install" guide instead of a proper manual is a bugbear of mine. Sure, most of the time the manual is on the disc, but if you can't access the disc... Yeah, what else is supposed to be on the disc? If you have the drivers installed, that's all you need. Did it come with some optimisation wizard that you could use to set it up for your personal taste?

Glad you like the product, though. :-)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby Proofrdr » 19 Sep 2013, 08:34

The are 2 other files on the disc: Magic Tune 4.0.24 and MultiScreen 3.0.23. I believe Magic Tune is just a digital form of the control panel buttons. I expect it is probably easier to use than those damned little buttons, but once adjusted, they rarely need changing. And the other is something I would probably never use. I downloaded the PDF of the manual...and I'll probably never use that either, but at least I have it.

I adjusted the brightness and contrast. The picture quality is amazing. I have some of my best photos as screensaver and they look better than they ever have. I think I made a very good choice and for a reasonable price.
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Selkie » 19 Sep 2013, 09:37

:-)
Make your own opportunities.
Selkie
Energetic and lively in discussions
Energetic and lively in discussions

Postby wildlx » 19 Sep 2013, 21:52

I had Magic Tune on my Samsung LCD monitor sometime ago. I gave up using it because it caused problems.
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Proofrdr » 19 Sep 2013, 23:45

In that case, I won't waste time trying to find it. Thanks for the test-drive results. ;)
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 20 Sep 2013, 07:25

lol
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby Proofrdr » 20 Sep 2013, 08:04

Baker, what are you doing online? Aren't you a nervous wreck running around with a million things to do?
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

PreviousNext

Return to The Geek Lounge