Installing Firefox (Windows)

Hangout for those interested in geeky matters: science, music, movies, techie stuff and anything related.

Moderator: Baker

Installing Firefox (Windows)

Postby Athena » 26 Mar 2010, 07:14

jisun wrote:For all those Internet Explorer users who want Firefox, here are some step by step instructions on how to install it.

Note: I only wrote instructions for Windows. Mac users already have Safari, anyway, which is pretty comparable in terms of speed and security.
Edited to change: I realized that I was sending you to the English-U.S. version and there was a British one available. So I changed the first part of the instructions to reflect this.

1. Go to this website: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html

2. Click the "download" link for your relevant country/version and operating system. For NurseJo and Ssgt Sue, I'm assuming this is the English (British) version for Windows (see below).

3. A new website should load (see below):

4. After about 3-10 seconds, the dialog box below should appear. Click "run."

5. This dialog box should then appear, showing that Firefox is being downloaded to your computer.

6. After it finishes downloading, your computer will ask you if you want to trust this file from Mozilla Corporation and run it. Click “run.”

7. This will then cause the Mozilla Firefox Setup wizard to start (see below). Click “Next” and follow the instructions until it completes!

8. One last thing: when it asks you if you want to import your favorites/bookmarks/settings from Internet Explorer, I’d suggest clicking yes. This will automatically copy over your Internet Explorer favorites, bookmarks, etc. to Firefox, so you don't need to recreate it there manually. :)
Athena
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Re: Installing Firefox (Windows)

Postby Athena » 26 Mar 2010, 07:16

Baker wrote:Thanks, CM. :-) Or should that be pedagogue? ;)
Athena
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Athena » 26 Mar 2010, 07:16

jisun wrote:Hey! I had pictures! You should have seen what it looked like before I added the graphics. :)

Sheesh. You can't engage in a legitimate attempt to avoid British missiles and narcotics being launched at you in attempted assassination these days without getting called names. What's a girl to do? :bleh:
Athena
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Athena » 26 Mar 2010, 07:17

Nurse Jo wrote:Thanks Cat :)
Athena
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Athena » 26 Mar 2010, 07:17

Baker wrote:
jisun wrote:Hey! I had pictures! You should have seen what it looked like before I added the graphics. :)

:yikes:

:lol:

Cat wrote:What's a girl to do? :bleh:

You will observe, ladies, this specially coded piece of lesbian behaviour. Where the Trobriand Islanders would resolve the issue of the threat of British guns and drugs by ceremonial lifting of loincloths at the resident British High Commisioner, lesbians diffuse tension between themselves by a ritual showing of tongues. Anthropological studies by middle-class white men have indicated that this signals to other lesbians that the lesbian who shows her tongue is demonstrating to other lesbians that her primary active sexual organ is larger than any of those belonging to the others. Thus, conflict is avoided by asserting dominance of hte larger-tongued.
Athena
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Athena » 26 Mar 2010, 07:21

Deb wrote:omg. rofl rofl rofl

Does that mean we get Tongue Envy as well???
Athena
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Athena » 26 Mar 2010, 07:22

jisun wrote:Baker: rofl rofl rofl

...The lesbians appear to be hostile towards losers of the tongue ritual, as shown by paintings discovered in a recent archaeological dig of a moving company known as "U-Haul."

Item #0091367B, Provincetown U-Haul

However, subsequent investigation has revealed that contrary to public posturing, lesbians appeared to stay friends with each other, even after broken relationships and conflicts over tongue supremacy.

Item #00123876T: Painting found in the Journal of a local Tongue Leader

Anthropologists are still unclear as to the source of this strange diffusion of tension, but speculate it is due to liberal application of the post-tongue ritual process, also known as "cunnilingus." Studies of ancient texts reveal this practice caused lesbians to both contract and relax, effectuating a release of pent-up tension that appeared to benefit the long-term health of the community. Social therapists are currently studying the practice in hopes of scaling it up for mass production.

Item #44987234: Possible Initial Posture in Preparation for the Cunnilingus Procedure
Athena
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

jisun wrote:
Nurse Jo wrote:Thanks Cat :)

You're welcome! :-)
Athena
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Deb wrote:Wow, pictures really help. I feel fully prepared to step out into the World Of Lesbianism. Thanks, Cat! :lol:
Athena
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Athena » 26 Mar 2010, 07:23

jisun wrote:Go forth and tongue, my child. Go forth and tongue.
Athena
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Next

Return to The Geek Lounge