Review: The Gunfighter and the Gear-Head by Cassandra Duffy

This contains reviews written by members and a list of books we've reviewed. Please read the guidelines before posting anything in this section.

Re: Review: The Gunfighter and the Gear-Head by Cassandra Du

Postby Baker » 01 Aug 2013, 07:42

What Proof said: The Handmaid's Tale is on my list of best books, too. I'm looking forward to your review of it tanager. :-)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Re: Review: The Gunfighter and the Gear-Head by Cassandra Du

Postby wildlx » 02 Aug 2013, 06:53

tanager wrote:That list of five books is just a ranking of the last five books I've read (coz, you know, I've got the "brain=sieve" thing going on). Certainly, it is not an all-time ranking. "Santa Olivia" was fine, but I was not blown away by it. The story felt a little emotionally muted. I'm not much into boxing perhaps. I will likely read the sequel one day, but... It's the only Jacqueline Carey I've read. Are the others similar?

I've only read Santa Olivia and the sequel, Saints Astray. The latter is definitely not recommended by me.

Regarding The Handmaid's Tale, what Proof and Baker said :-). The Handmaid's Tale is also on my list of best books along with some other Atwood books. Actually, I am a big fan of Margaret Atwood :blush:.
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Previous

Return to Publicly Accessible Book Reviews