2015 Lambda awards

General members area for discussion of books and information about interviews, upcoming books, etc. Please note, is it not appropriate for authors to post promotional information about themselves here.

Moderators: FranW, PaulaO

2015 Lambda awards

Postby FranW » 04 Jun 2015, 07:35

The 2015 Lammy winners have been announced. (Full list here: http://www.lambdaliterary.org/features/ ... d-winners/) It's nice to see such a variety of presses listed -- GLBT fiction really has become more widespread. Also nice to see Andi Marquette and Bobby Emmanuelle's book shortlisted, and to see a Lethe Press book winning F/SF/H!

BISEXUAL FICTION - Give It to Me, Ana Castillo, The Feminist Press
BISEXUAL NONFICTION - Fire Shut Up In My Bones, Charles M. Blow, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
LESBIAN EROTICA - Lesbian Sex Bible, Diana Cage, Quiver Books
LESBIAN GENERAL FICTION - Yabo, Alexis De Veaux, RedBone Press
LESBIAN MEMOIR/BIOGRAPHY - Ain’t Gonna Let Nobody Turn Me Around: Forty Years of Movement Building with Barbara Smith, Alethia Jones and Virginia Eubanks, with Barbara Smith, SUNY Press
LESBIAN MYSTERY - The Old Deep and Dark-A Jane Lawless Mystery, Ellen Hart, Minotaur Books
LESBIAN POETRY - Mysterious Acts by My People, Valerie Wetlaufer, Sibling Rivalry Press
LESBIAN ROMANCE - [i]The Farmer’s Daughter[/i], Robbi McCoy, Bella Books
LGBT ANTHOLOGY - Understanding and Teaching US Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender History, Leila J. Rupp & Susan K. Freeman, University of Wisconsin Press
LGBT CHILDREN’S/YOUNG ADULT - Five, Six, Seven, Nate!, Tim Federle, Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
LGBT DEBUT - The Walk-In Closet, Abdi Nazemian, Curtis Brown Unlimited
LGBT DRAMA - Bootycandy, Robert O’Hara, Samuel French
LGBT GRAPHIC NOVELS - Second Avenue Caper, Joyce Brabner; Art by Mark Zingarelli, Hill and Wang
LGBT NONFICTION - Hold Tight Gently: Michael Callen, Essex Hemphill, and the Battlefield of AIDS, Martin Duberman, The New Press
LGBT SF/F/HORROR - Bitter Waters, Chaz Brenchley, Lethe Press
LGBT STUDIES - Delectable Negro: Human Consumption and Homoeroticism within US Slave Culture, Vincent Woodard, Ed. Justin A. Joyce and Dwight McBride, New York University Press
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Re: 2015 Lambda awards

Postby Sacchi » 04 Jun 2015, 14:59

Steve says it was the fifth sf/f win in a row for Lethe. And a book from the Lethe imprint Bear Bones Books won for Gay Fiction, which may make Lethe the only publisher to win more than one award this year (unless one of the others listed is an imprint of another.)
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Proofrdr » 04 Jun 2015, 22:58

I did take note of the lack of repeats and the absence of some regulars. I think that's a good thing and special honor for Lethe.
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby FranW » 05 Jun 2015, 07:14

I have been uniformly impressed by the quality of books that Lethe publishes; it's great to see that acknowledged.
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Return to Discussions and Info