I have a dirty little secret...

Author forum: Sandra Barret

I have a dirty little secret...

Postby sbarret » 12 Jan 2013, 08:47

Gulp... I admit here to my new little dirty pleasure.... I just started my first real foray into fanfic... :secret:

...yes, I feel tarnished, a tramp, a seedy little wannabee in a forum of the serious...

I even searched the forum thinking there might be a fanfic thread I could confess in... But alas, search results came back empty... :blush:

And now, the frequently asked questions:

what - Swan/Queen fic, based on Once Upon a Time
Why - cuz the missus has stories posted there with more hits in a day than I get in a month (yes, jealousy)

...and it's a test, to see if this bit of fluff leads to more website hits or not... So a marketing experiment if you will.

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.
sbarret
Lively participant
Lively participant

Re: I have a dirty little secret...

Postby ElaineB » 12 Jan 2013, 09:55

It's worked for others! Good luck. :-)
I haven't watched OUaT, so might not get it (the one episode I did watch I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on).
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby sbarret » 12 Jan 2013, 10:05

Yeah it's not the most outstanding show for sure, but it's bursting at the seams with multiple subtext pairings.
sbarret
Lively participant
Lively participant

Postby Proofrdr » 12 Jan 2013, 10:37

Actually, I like Once Upon a Time. In a way, it's fanfic itself since it draws on a ton of stuff written before. I like the twists and turns of the plot, the satire, and the camp approach to fairy tales. It's very much like Xena where Norse, Greek, and Roman mythology converged on a skewed version of history and ancient literature. Grendel meets Ares...who woulda thought?

E, you had to see it from the beginning. There's no jumping into the middle of that pool!
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 12 Jan 2013, 12:50

That's what I figured. And why I never watched 24. Or Lost. There are a lot of shows I loved that I didn't see at the beginning--The West Wing being one. So if you can't catch up, you're doomed.
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Proofrdr » 12 Jan 2013, 13:49

The good thing about Verizon, though, is that we can see a lot of the old stuff...a lot of it is on demand and a lot is free. We tape almost everything now and watch them from the DVD. It saves watching the all the ads.
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Return to The Broken Pencil