Do You Have a Taste for Vampires...

Author forum: Sacchi Green

Do You Have a Taste for Vampires...

Postby Sacchi » 25 Oct 2011, 04:33

...or do you wish vampires had a taste for you? Personally, when it comes to potentially erotic fluids, in the case of blood I can take it or leave it. Vampire stories, though, have the potential to be as wildly varied as any other fruits of our imaginations.

Vampires are on my mind just now because an online discussion group I've been temporarily moderating, The Naked Reader Book Club (from Eden Fantasy and Cleis Press,) will feature two vampire anthologies this week, on Tuesday evening, Oct. 25, 8-10 pm EST. http://www.edenfantasys.com/sex-forum/clubs/naked-reader-book-club/naked-reader-book-club-22/

I mention this here because at long last, the discussion topics are LESBIAN anthologies, and I really want to encourage that trend. We'll be talking about Delilah Devlin's Girls Who Bite and Pam Keesey's Daughters of Darkness. Pam's book, published in 1993, takes an historical and somewhat political approach, and includes J. Sheridan LeFanu's classic Carmilla as well as works by such more recent iconic authors as Jewelle Gomez and Katherine V. Forrest. Delilah looked more for stories from a modern sensibility that were different, unexpected, and wildly creative (as well as hot as, well, hell.)

It's not necessary to have read the books to participate in the discussion. I'm sure we'll range widely through the topic of vampire fiction in general, and what people like and don't like about the whole genre. I'm really hoping, too, that we'll get more into discussions of lesbian fiction in general, and for that, I need more people like you to back me up.

You never know. If more people who read lesfic turn up, maybe they'll choose more lesbian books to discuss. Possibly even some of mine.

In any case, don't miss the chance to fly your vampire lover (or hater) flag, right alongside your rainbow one. And by the way, what do you think about vampire erotica?
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Return to Reaching Out