New Call for Submissions: Wild Girls, Wild Nights

Author forum: Sacchi Green

Re: New Call for Submissions: Wild Girls, Wild Nights

Postby Sacchi » 13 Nov 2011, 09:21

Hold that thought! Although I may have peaked at 45.

Several years ago I some acquaintances in a bookstore where I sometimes do readings were chatting abut someone they thought must be at least 40. I mentioned that I was well past 40, and one said, "You sure don't write like a 40-year-old!" I resisted responding that I certainly hoped not, since I'd improved greatly since then. I still wonder what the heck they thought 40-year-olds write like.
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 15 Nov 2011, 06:37

Sacchi wrote:I resisted responding that I certainly hoped not, since I'd improved greatly since then.

lol
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby Sacchi » 10 Feb 2012, 05:41

An update to my Call for Submissions:

I’m getting mostly first-time encounters so far. That’s fine, and I wouldn’t mind more, but I’d also like more of the memorable points in relationships (have you ever tried something new while on vacation? On an anniversary? In Paris, or Tahiti, or Provincetown, or wherever?) Or adventures with a good deal of experience behind them, even if the characters are ships that pass in the night.

If you need a bit more time to develop your story at this point, let me know, and we’ll work things out. I’ve left some leeway in the timing of this one, since it’ll need some delicate balance.
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Previous

Return to Reaching Out