Want to Hear Me? Online Radio Interview

Author forum: Sacchi Green

Want to Hear Me? Online Radio Interview

Postby Sacchi » 02 Mar 2013, 17:41

I did an interview and reading for the Liz McMullenShow, and it's just gone up. (Liz is a fellow alumna of Mt. Holyoke, albeit many years younger than I am. I think she gets a kick out of the notion that an MHC grad is writing erotica. I'll bet I'm not the only one.)

http://www.thelizmcmullenshow.com/

It's past midnight here, so I haven't listened to it yet myself, but that's probably the best time to share the news, for better or worse.

The story I read from is available in its entirety on my blog, http://sacchi-green.blogspot.com, at least for a while. It's a Vietnam-era historical.
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Re: Want to Hear Me? Online Radio Interview

Postby Sacchi » 03 Mar 2013, 07:51

Now I've listened. Good grief. Who's that stranger speaking my words? When she can get a word in edgewise, that is. My reading comes along about 35 minutes in.
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 03 Mar 2013, 08:15

Sacchi wrote:When she can get a word in edgewise

I'm glad you mentioned that. I could only listen to the first half, so will try to go back for the second half and your reading. I think an hour is too long for an interview. Not that I wouldn't want to talk to you for an hour! But even Terry Gross (Fresh Air) doesn't do hour-long interviews. It's hard to master the art of letting the interviewee do the talking and stay out of the way. I loved how you managed to bring her back to the topic of your stories and books! But when I ever heard her compare you to...well, let's just say, there is no comparison! They should be so lucky to be mentioned in the same breath as you.

You did a fine job! :-)
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby deej » 03 Mar 2013, 23:12

What E said Sacchi. Well done.
Raise your hand if someone you know is alive today because you can't afford a hit man.
deej
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Return to Reaching Out