Lambda Awards, updated

Author forum: Sacchi Green

Lambda Awards, updated

Postby Sacchi » 11 Mar 2014, 02:58

I guess I didn't post last year about Heiresses Of Russ 2012 being a Lambda Finalist, the Year's Best Lesbian Speculative Fiction anthology I co-edited (under my real name, Connie Wilkins) with Steve Berman for Lethe Press. That one didn't win, but a really great book also from Lethe Press won that category, so it was a fun trip.

This year I have yet another excuse to go to NYC for the ceremony. My Cleis Press anthology Wild Girls, Wild Nights is a finalist for lesbian erotica. This makes my seventh Finalist, one of which actually won. I was wondering what the record was for having finalists, but I've now been told that it's fourteen, so I'm only halfway there. Guess I'll have to keep on writing and editing.

Speaking of which, this isn't official because I don't have the contract yet, and glitches could still happen, but I think I'm doing to have a new Call for Submissions very soon that might interest some folks here. The title would be The Princess's Bride, with bit of a fairy-tale slant. Wish me luck.
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Re: Lambda Awards, updated

Postby Proofrdr » 11 Mar 2014, 04:14

That's great, Sacchi! Best of luck this year. Image
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby FranW » 11 Mar 2014, 07:11

Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for you, Sacch! Also, yes, the future call for submissions sounds veeeerrrrrry interesting :D
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Nurse Jo » 11 Mar 2014, 10:31

Here's wishing you every success Sacchi :-).
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 12 Mar 2014, 02:30

I hope this will be your Lambda award year, Sacchi!
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby ElaineB » 13 Mar 2014, 08:28

Very :cool: Sacchi! Best of luck! Given how subjective any award is, I consider being a finalist as good as winning.
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Sacchi » 13 Mar 2014, 08:38

ElaineB wrote:Very :cool: Sacchi! Best of luck! Given how subjective any award is, I consider being a finalist as good as winning.

I do, too, Elaine. And I've already got one honking' heavy block of lucite with my name etched in it under the Lambda logo, for Lesbian Cowboys in 2009, so I don't really need two for bookends. Still, it's fun to go to the ceremony, and once there you get caught up in the hype and almost hope more to win than you do to not win so you don't have to go up on the stage to get the thing and thank folks.

But I do thank all of you for the good wishes here, very much.
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Return to Reaching Out