Retro-Post subject: Checking In

Author forum: Sacchi Green

Retro-Post subject: Checking In

Postby Sacchi » 26 Mar 2010, 12:42

Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:11 pm

Guess I can’t leave this author topic dangling here all empty and lonely, nagging at me like yet another deadline. I’d always rather write about my characters than myself, but they’re all busy having fun, so I’ll see what I can do. (Anybody who checks my Live Journal profile—sacchig.livejournal.com—will notice that I’m cheating by using pretty much the same intro.)

My least mundane occupation is writing and editing erotica, generally of the lesbian persuasion, but I have a dark domestic side as well, leading to gardening, chutney-making, and other earthy-crunchy pursuits.

On the writing front, I'm an active member of SFWA (as Connie Wilkins), and in my Sacchi Green persona I've had work published in six volumes of Best Lesbian Erotica, five volumes of Best Women's Erotica (before a change in editors ruled out lesbian stories), Penthouse, and a thigh-high (and growing) stack of other publications with inspirational covers.

My co-editorial ventures, with Rakelle Valencia, include the anthologies Rode Hard, Put Away Wet: Lesbian Cowboy Erotica (Suspect Thoughts Press), Hard Road, Easy Riding: Lesbian Biker Erotica (Haworth Press), and the upcoming Lipstick on Her Collar (Pretty Things Press). A fourth anthology, Time Well Bent: Queer Alternate History, is currently in limbo after the recent sale of Haworth Press, but it has a terrific line-up of stories, and I’m working on finding another publisher.
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Re: Retro-Post subject: Checking In

Postby Sacchi » 26 Mar 2010, 12:47

Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:13 pm Post subject:
HH wrote:
Yeah, Sacchi. So tell us the important stuff: how long have you been writing, do you prefer blondes or brunettes, and how do you feel about hedgehogs?

Okay now, getting to the important issue first:

Regarding hedgehogs, I think they're cute buggers, and I'd gladly trade the New England porcupine who destroyed my blackberry patch for a population of the little spiny critters. In fact, a friend of mine has a pet hedgie who just made the Internet bigtime and can be seen here: http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload ... warsh.html .

Let's see, what's next? Hair? Well, I have a certain partiality to reddish tones, but salt-and-pepper and shades of gray have been growing on me.

Which leads to the deeper secret of how long I've been writing. I got started with science fiction and fantasy about 12 years ago, and erotica a couple of years after that--and I was a bit over 50 when I began. You can do the math.

That's enough revelation for now. Gotta finish editing page proofs for the next anthology. And work up at least a partial list of my published stories. I'm a bit on the tech-challenged side (yet another embarrassing revelation), so it'll take me a while.
Sacchi
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Return to Reaching Out