Week One: Progress or Not?

Moderators: FranW, PaulaO

Week One: Progress or Not?

Postby PaulaO » 09 Nov 2010, 09:26

So, like, how we doin'?

Me, not so good. Real Life has distracted me like mad and I am having difficulty finding adequate time to get into the flow of things. I am not a 500 words here or there kind of writer. Else I spend more time trying to figure out where I was going and just what the heck was I doing?!

But I keep reminding myself that it is only Day 8 and there's a lot more days to go. I typically don't start freaking until I hit day 18 to 20. Try to not focus on the daily word count (1667, by the way :whistle: ) and instead look at what you have.

Post yer numbers and yer feelin's here. Going good? About what you thought? Harder/easier?
Take a deep breath and count to zen.
PaulaO
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Re: Week One: Progress or Not?

Postby grewgirl » 09 Nov 2010, 10:21

Not making much progress due to real life responsibilities. I'm managing to write everyday, but it's a little here and a little there. I'm trying not to get frustrated with that, though. I think I have a good idea of where I want my story to go, and given enough time, I'm sure I'll get there.
"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Bernard Baruch
grewgirl
Energetic and lively in discussions
Energetic and lively in discussions

Postby TeriasM » 12 Nov 2010, 04:04

I'm doing pretty good, right on track actually. It's nice but also a little frustrating because I'm used to having some breathing room by now. Writing two novels at once is a bit more of a challenge because the extra word count I would normally have basically goes into the other novel. Still, I'm having fun and at the end of it I'll have two spanky new novels to edit. :)
If life gives you lemons, keep them, because hey, free lemons.
TeriasM
Increasingly animated
Increasingly animated

Postby PaulaO » 12 Nov 2010, 04:38

Fun is the key! Writing should be fun. Hard, difficult, frustrating, head banging as well. But fun underneath it all.
Take a deep breath and count to zen.
PaulaO
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Return to NaNoWriMo