2011 Andain - Captive by the Fog/Wardens of Wandering

Moderators: FranW, PaulaO

2011 Andain - Captive by the Fog/Wardens of Wandering

Postby Andain » 03 Nov 2011, 22:55

In typical me fashion, I totally waited until the 3rd technically to start this year's NaNo. I have a whole 700 words so far. That's what the weekend is for, right?! :whistle:

I'm cheating, kinda. Gonna be finishing the end to my current WIP, Captive by the Fog, then start a new project that I've entitled (so far) Wardens of Wandering.

I'm bad at summarizing/blurbing, but uh, basically Captive by the Fog is an extremely character-driven contemporary science fiction piece. A lesbian woman named Sam is caught in a life she feels she can't escape from. She is the caretaker for her terminally-ill, homophobic father. One fog-filled evening, Sam and her father find themselves captured by beings from another world, along with a group of total strangers. As they are held prisoner by a species they cannot see, they sense the world around them beginning to crumble, and struggle to hold on tight to the hope of one day seeing sunlight again.

Sounds pretty lame I'm sure. I'm so bad at coming up with stuff like that for my own writing. :scratch: It's really not as uh, morbid as it sounds. One of the great challenges of writing it has been balancing out the dismal situation with the beauty of little details.

I'll talk about the second once I get to it. :)
Captive by the Fog - My debut novel, now available from Musa Publishing.
Andain
Increasingly animated
Increasingly animated

Re: 2011 Andain - Captive by the Fog/Wardens of Wandering

Postby grewgirl » 04 Nov 2011, 00:26

Sounds interesting, actually. Good luck!
"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Bernard Baruch
grewgirl
Energetic and lively in discussions
Energetic and lively in discussions

Re: 2011 Andain - Captive by the Fog/Wardens of Wandering

Postby Andain » 04 Nov 2011, 18:52

Thanks!
Captive by the Fog - My debut novel, now available from Musa Publishing.
Andain
Increasingly animated
Increasingly animated

Return to NaNoWriMo