2012 - Grewgirl has an idea (as usual) but makes no promise

Moderators: FranW, PaulaO

2012 - Grewgirl has an idea (as usual) but makes no promise

Postby grewgirl » 02 Nov 2012, 00:09

Ok, I set the alarm for 5 and it's now 6. I have not yet opened the word processor. This is probably not a good sign, lol . I have until the shower is free to write some words, so about 10 minutes.

No pressure.
"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Bernard Baruch
grewgirl
Energetic and lively in discussions

Re: 2012 - Grewgirl has an idea (as usual) but makes no prom

Postby PaulaO » 02 Nov 2012, 04:10

yeah, I stared at a blank page for about 45 minutes last night.
Take a deep breath and count to zen.
PaulaO
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby grewgirl » 04 Nov 2012, 11:52

Ok, so my idea revolves around a young girl whose mother decides that being the pimp is more profitable than being the whore. When the story starts, the main character, Ruth, is twelve and her sister Esther is eleven. Most of the story takes place five years down the road, but this part has to be told for the rest of the story to make sense. I have no idea why this idea popped in to my head, and frankly I find it more than a little disturbing, so if the idea disturbs you as well, PLEASE don't read what I've posted below.

Spoiler : click :
Fred woke her up when they got back to the apartment. He tapped on her shoulder and then rested his hand on her thigh. Her skirt had ridden up in the car, and the sensation of his hand on her skin made her jump. She was wide awake in seconds, looking around the car and trying to figure out where she was. Esther was no longer beside her, and as she looked over his shoulder she could see her sister following their mother into the building. Fred was too close, and she could smell the sweetness that she'd noticed earlier on him. It must have been his cologne and it made her stomach turn. She pulled back and unfastened her seat belt. Fred stepped aside and she jumped from the car and ran to the building. She heard the horn beep and realized that he was planning to follow her up the stairs. She ran.

Inside the apartment, Esther was being sent to their room. Ruth followed her only to have her mother call her back into the area at the front of the apartment. She motioned for her to sit on the couch - it was still folded up into the daytime position. Ruth knew that before the evening was over it would be folded out and her mother would thank Fred for dinner with some sexual favor. It made her already upset tummy begin to churn. Fred had excused himself to use the bathroom, and Christine took the time to speak softly.

“Fred just spent $200 on dinner and he has expectations. I want you to sit here with him and smile pretty like the slut I know you are.” The churning in her stomach was beginning to make her light headed and she knew that her fear was written on her face when her mother brought out the cold smile. “Oh, don’t act coy. He just wants to admire a pretty little thing like you before he fucks a real woman like me.” Christine reached out and undid the top two buttons on Ruth’s blouse. The action revealed more of her golden skin but did not expose her bra. It was actually no more revealing than usual, but it made the young girl feel ashamed and she hung her head.

“Yes, ma’am.” Christine laughed and walked to the kitchen. While she was gone, Fred returned to the room and stood beside the couch. From his vantage point, Ruth knew that he could see down her blouse, and she blushed feeling the heat rise up her chest and neck to spread up her cheeks.

“Oh, what a pretty flushed face you have. I knew you liked old Fred!” His voice made her feel even worse, and she wondered why he would find her shame amusing. He sat beside her and put his hand back on her thigh. “Don’t worry honey, I just want to look at you. Pretty little things like you just make Fred Jr want to jump with joy.” Ruth wanted to ask who Fred Jr was, but she was to terrified to speak. Christine came back in and heard the last remark and she laughed as well.

“Fred Jr will not be visiting my twelve year old daughter...at least not tonight.” She sat on his other side and put her hand on his thigh. Ruth watched as her mother’s hand slid up his thigh. To her horror, she could see a growing bulge in his lap. She bit her lip to keep herself from making a sound, but she was unable to stop the tear that escaped and ran down her cheek. She closed her eyes when they both laughed, and when her mother told her to get out, she ran down the hall to her room. She flung herself on the bed and buried her face in her pillow to hide her sobs. Esther, who had been reading in bed, immediately rolled toward her and curled around her back. They lay together as she cried herself to sleep.

Edited to put the text in a spoiler tag so I won't read/edit it every time I open this thread.
Last edited by grewgirl on 06 Nov 2012, 01:05, edited 1 time in total.
grewgirl

Postby PaulaO » 04 Nov 2012, 12:51

Yeah, that's a little rough. Good, though.
PaulaO
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby grewgirl » 06 Nov 2012, 15:14

Word wise, this is coming along nicely - I've just passed 10k. I'm doing a lot better with writing a single scene at a time - so far I've got six because that little bit I posted above is it's own little section. Plot wise...eh. I felt so bad for Ruth after what that perv did the other day that I've been staying in her head. And today, her inner voice made her sound too immature for 12. BUT I wrote it down anyway...I can always go back and smarten her up a bit. Later. Maybe in January.

I'm being diligent, though, because I want to write the ending next - and I have to get all of this back story out of the way.
grewgirl

Postby grewgirl » 08 Nov 2012, 17:07

...aaaaand I'm running out of steam. The back story is bogging me down and I'm super tired today. Tomorrow I think I will begin working on the main story line.
grewgirl

Postby PaulaO » 09 Nov 2012, 03:52

Keep going! Sometimes it is interesting as heck to see what happens as we type.
PaulaO
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby grewgirl » 09 Nov 2012, 13:46

Yeah, that happened the other night. I had a scene all plotted out, and when it was done it was something else completely. And today I had a brilliant idea...I even wrote it down...but now that I think about it, it's pretty awful. So I'm gonna type it up in a bit and see if that 'scene changing voodoo' happens again.
grewgirl

Postby grewgirl » 14 Nov 2012, 14:33

I feel like Austin Powers....in that I've lost my mojo! I'm blaming the head cold because I can't be at fault.
grewgirl

Postby PaulaO » 14 Nov 2012, 16:10

LOL Sure, blame the cold.
PaulaO
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Next