Lilien's 50 books chalenge 2012

Members try to read 50 books in 2011. Anyone can participate. Keep track of your progress with your own thread.

Moderators: Baker, ElaineB

Lilien's 50 books chalenge 2012

Postby Lilien » 16 Jan 2012, 07:21

Image Crap.
Image Bad.
Image Not bad.
Image Good. More than good. Rereading it once.
Image :yahoo:
"When I die, bury me face down so the world can kiss my ass."
Lilien
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Re: Lilien's 50 books chalenge 2012

Postby Baker » 16 Jan 2012, 08:44

Brief and to the point. Now, about books... ;)
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby Lilien » 16 Jan 2012, 22:23

1. Point of Ignition by Erin Dutton 3stars

No surprise, no suspense, no overload feelings or even some sexual tension. Ordinary book for free Sunday afternoon if you don't have anything else to do.
For me it was good while it lasted, but it's not memorable. I read the book 3 days ago and I already have problems remembering what exactly book was about.

I think the book lacks in descriptions. For example, not that it should be priority but she only briefly mentioned two times on the beginning that one of the main characters is african american. And it was something like: She is hot, but not Halle Berry hot. For me it is very important to know the details and facts about characters or places in books cause I always have to ''see'' the book and not only read it. And Dutton doesn't really gives me the opportunity to see characters or places and that leads me to mix images or in worst case she doesn't even give me opportunity to create image.

Spoiler : About the book :
Arson investigation is not exactly what firefighter Kate Chambers signed up for. But she doesn't have a choice when an injury forces her off the engine and into the office. Her first case, a fire at a downtown bar, is a clear-cut instance of insurance fraud, or so she thinks.

But the property co-owner and prime suspect, Alexi Clark, has spent too many years battling her own demons to quietly go to jail for a crime she didn't commit. Soon Alexi is fighting both the false charges against her and an unexpected attraction to the investigator determined to prove them.

Amid a blaze that threatens to consume them both, Kate and Alexi redefine love and trust.

2. Firestorm by Radclyffe 3stars

:( Not Radclyffe I know. This book disappointed me as much as Desire by Starlight when I read it. It's just so rushed and superficially. Same as with Dutton this time, I forgot what the book was about. Which usually doesn't happen with me when I read Radclyffe.

Firefighter paramedic Mallory "Ice" James commands a crew of smokejumpers—twenty women and men who eat together, sleep together, and parachute into the face of raging forest fires together. Discipline and teamwork mean the difference between life and death on the line, and she's earned her reputation as cool and controlled in the face of danger. "Hot Shot" Jace Russo never met a rule she wouldn't break and doesn't plan to stop just because the woman setting the terms is drop-dead gorgeous and hotter than the blazes they're supposed to be dousing. Mallory and Jace may not like each other much, but lust isn't something either can control—and they soon discover ice burns as fiercely as flame.

3. The Lonely Hearts Club by Radclyffe 2stars

:cry: Bad, bad, bad! It would be ok for some average writer. But she knows better then this. This book is just lame.

Take three friends, add two ex-lovers and several new ones, then mix with more secrets than any of them know--and the result is a recipe for explosive rivalries and incendiary romance.

Candace Lory is a high-power commodities trader and swinging playgirl who meets her match when she hooks up with older, butch corporate attorney, Parker Jones, an associate of Candace's ex-lover, Liz Ramsey. Parker is as much a swinger as Candace but try as they might, the two can't seem to stop repeating their one night stand.
Brenda Beal writes best-selling erotic romance novels under a pseudonym even her closest friends don't know. One of the only members of "the group" who didn't sleep with every available woman during college, Bren would rather fantasize about a perfect lover than have one, especially if she's obedient and willing to do anything Bren orders. A surprise birthday "trip" and a dashing, dark-eyed submissive transforms Bren's fantasies into reality and her dark secrets into delicious pleasures.

Attorney Liz Ramsey thought she had everything--a devoted partner, a challenging job, and plans for a family in the making. Unfortunately, as soon as the test strip turned blue, her lover Julia got cold feet and left her. Now pregnant, Liz bumps into, literally, young surgeon Riley Danvers during an appointment at the University Hospital. Conversation leads to coffee, but despite Riley's charms, courtship is not part of Liz's plans.
Lilien
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Lilien » 15 Jan 2013, 13:51

I actually read a lot of books this year. Re-read some old ones, read some new ones. Enjoyed some, completely got disappointed in some. I am actually a really fast reader. I go over a book in a day or two and usually I read 2 books per week sometimes more while we watch Tv, but I am not good at this keeping track and record. I think I gonna miss out a Book Challenge 2013. :( But I did enjoyed reading some of your reviews.
Lilien
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Lt Sue » 21 Jan 2013, 05:40

Teeny weeny request - can you change the title to 2013 and put it in the 2013 folder?
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
Lt Sue
Enthusiatically participating

Postby ElaineB » 21 Jan 2013, 07:26

But this is her 2012 list. She just never posted anything between Jan. 2012 and Jan. 2013. lol

Lily's an artist. She's not chained to words.
ElaineB
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Lt Sue » 21 Jan 2013, 08:02

ElaineB wrote:But this is her 2012 list. She just never posted anything between Jan. 2012 and Jan. 2013. lol

Lily's an artist. She's not chained to words.

:no:
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother.
Lt Sue

Postby FranW » 21 Jan 2013, 09:19

ElaineB wrote:Lily's an artist. She's not chained to words.

rofl rofl
No on H8
FranW
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Return to 50 Book Challenge 2012