Wildlx tries once more

Members try to read 50 books in 2013. Anyone can participate. Keep track of your progress with your own thread.

Moderators: Baker, ElaineB

Re: Wildlx tries once more

Postby Proofrdr » 28 Aug 2013, 09:11

Not very reliable and then it gets lost somewhere. ;)

I just bought the ebook of Glass Houses from Google Books.
Proofrdr
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 29 Aug 2013, 09:20

lol. Indeed!
I hope you enjoy the book, Proof :).
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 29 Aug 2013, 09:29

#.46 Soulwalker by Erica Lawson : 2stars

A loner. An outcast. A killer.

A hundred years into the future, in a near-totalitarian state, there exists a group of feared Government assassins called The Black Shadow Corps. They are albinos, able to send their inner shadow to kill in the name of the law.
Tarris Waite is leader of The Black Shadow Corps. But she is different from them, visibly marked by her pale blue eyes. Her teammates consider her a half-breed, to be feared and despised.
A childhood accident left Tarris a paraplegic, yet she has never given up looking for a cure. Asher Hyrea is a medical researcher investigating nerve regeneration, and Tarris believes she may hold the key to her walking again.
But Tarris soon learns that nothing is as it seems. Suddenly, even the most trusted members of her Shadow Corps team are suspect. Could her meeting with Asher be more than mere coincidence?
When her loyalty is questioned, Tarris is left with no choice but to run. She is driven underground, where she discovers a horrifying secret that threatens the very fabric of society. Now Tarris is in a desperate fight to save her life and, more importantly, to save those who turned their back on her. But no one ever leaves the Corps alive.

This was romance disguised as SF. In was neither a good romance, nor good SF. To avoid.

#.47 You Can't Run From Love by Kate Snowdon : 2+stars
This was the first book by the author. She still has to learn a bit more about writing to publish a good book. Actually, this book well edited and re-written could be an interesting book.
Last edited by wildlx on 30 Aug 2013, 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
A lesbian is the rage of all women condensed to the point of explosion. “The Woman-Identified Woman” Radicalesbians (1970)
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 30 Aug 2013, 08:38

Oops. You win some, you lose some.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

Postby wildlx » 04 Sep 2013, 21:21

#.48 Still Midnight by Denise Mina : 3stars
This is the first of a series that was recommended to me by the general, because the second book in the series has just won a prize. I was not that enthusiastic about the book although I enjoyed reading it. I'll read the second in the series to see if it is better.
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Nurse Jo » 05 Sep 2013, 04:26

Where does she find these books? She didn't recommend this one to me. Is it lesfic?
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 05 Sep 2013, 09:09

lol. No, it is a crime novel. If I remember correctly she sent me a link of The Guardian ... Here it is!

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2012/j ... year-award
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Nurse Jo » 05 Sep 2013, 19:08

I must start reading e-books more, I'm missing out!
There is nothing the British like better than a bloke who comes from nowhere, makes it, and then gets clobbered. Melvyn Bragg
Nurse Jo
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby wildlx » 06 Sep 2013, 05:09

Yes, you should :)!
wildlx
Heartbeat of the forum
Heartbeat of the forum

Postby Baker » 06 Sep 2013, 07:49

+1

I confess that I have gone over completely to the Dark e-Side. I was looking to buy a book yesterday, and I only looked for an epub copy.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities ~ Voltaire
Baker
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 50 Book Challenge 2013